Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The website may contain links to third parties’ websites. Blueberry Cove Beads assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
Personal information is processed and stored in our databases and we have taken reasonable steps to secure and protect this information. However, whilst we make every effort to ensure the security of your information, we are unable to guarantee the protection of the information from misuse, accidental disclosure or unauthorised acts by others. Information provided by you may be stored or processed outside Canada. The personal information you provide through the Blueberry Cove Beads website will be held by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following information:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.blueberrycovebeads.com]. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. Our payments are processed by Beanstream (www.beanstream.com).
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and suppliers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This information is gathered using a file called a cookie, which is stored on your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use the information you provide about yourself when registering or placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. We may keep a record of the correspondence;
- We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and track visitor behaviour.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which you have requested from us or we feel may interest you, using the email address which you have provided or to notify you of changes to our service.
- Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blueberry Cove Beads, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blueberry Cove Beads., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Blueberry Cove Beads is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and we take every precaution to protect users information. Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal data therefore remains at your own risk. In order to try and prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The ability to edit and cancel your account
You can access your account from every page on the site using the ‘My Account’ link to update and correct the personal details that we gathered when you subscribed. You must be logged in to access this information. All information is password-protected so no one can access the information but you. We are required to retain your information for accounting and taxation purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Blueberry Cove Beads, PO Box 184, Canning Nova Scotia B0P 1H0 Canada. You may update your personal details held by us by logging in to your account or emailing us at email@example.com
Notification of changes
This version last updated 27/9/14
Blueberry Cove Beads Copyright 2014